7 Life-Changing Benefits of Digital Paint Reporting
Real-Time Advantages of Real-Time Reporting in the Protective Coating Industry
There are few things that are truly life-changing, but for those working in the protective coating industry, digital paint reporting is proving to be one of them. Using data reporting tools, protective coatings contractors and inspectors access a range of features that paper-based reporting systems simply can’t match.
However, the many advantages of using a digital paint reporting tool aren’t what makes it life-changing. For that, you must understand the benefits you gain as soon as you switch on your digital reporting device – which can be accessed from an app on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
Is ‘life-changing’ overstating the impact that going digital in your protective coatings role will produce? Let’s find out.
1. Digital reporting saves time
You’ve been on-site all day, but still need to complete the report that your client requires by the morning. You have two options:
- Head back to the office and spend a couple of hours compiling the required report
- Shut yourself away from the family at home in the evening
Neither of these options sound very appealing, do they? Yet this is how you’ve been working for years.
Digital reporting means that you collect the data you need on-site direct to your reporting app. When you have finished on-site, a couple of clicks and the report is created. Review and send. That two-hour end-of-day drudge disappears. Finally, you get time to do what you want in the evenings and at weekends.
2. Real-time collaboration that wins clients
If you’re online while on-site, digital reporting lets you share accurate information in a way your client wants to see it in real time. There’s less confusion, and you’ll be presenting your client with quality data and images as you collate them.
The ability to collaborate so closely with your clients allows problems to be discussed immediately and workable solutions to be devised as they are needed. Your productivity improves, and your reputation for excellent and proactive work delivers more clients.
3. Your paperwork and data security are transformed
Files that are easy to find – and found in seconds. Data that is held securely, and never lost. An office that is paperless, with all the benefits flowing to the bottom line. Who said being green was inefficient, costly, and insecure?
4. As well as time, you’ll save money
Digital reporting offers numerous ways to save money in your operation. Here are a few:
- A paperless office, saving on stationary costs
- Easy-to-find reports saving on the cost of hunting for the files you need
- No more lost files!
- No need to copy files and send through snail mail
- No need to print documents – and no printer ink to buy
- No expensive storage space to pay for
5. Eliminate regulatory errors
The standards that regulate the protective coating industry – such as ISO 12944 – are regularly updated, and new standards are introduced. The potential for missing such changes is high, and therefore the possibility of presenting a protective coating report that must be revised and updated is also high. This costs time, money, and reputation.
The best digital paint reporting systems, designed specifically for protective coating contractors and inspectors, mitigates these risks by including regulatory changes as they occur. A huge weight off your shoulders.
6. Easy to use
Even for those who are not tech savvy, digital reporting tools are easy to use. While some are only available on iPhones, other reporting systems like IRIS have been developed to be used on all smartphones, tablets, and computers.
If you can make a phone call or send a text, you’ll have little problem using the best digital reporting tools which have been designed especially to be user friendly.
7. Digital paint reporting tools give you smaller feet
Okay, maybe not smaller feet, but your carbon footprint will certainly be reduced. Great news for you, and great news for the planet – it’s not only your life that a digital reporting tool can change.
All these life-changing benefits for the price of a coffee and cake
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- How much time do I spend compiling reports each week?
- How much do I value my time?
- How many errors do I make on reports, and how do I correct them?
- How long does it normally take for me to respond to clients, or liaise with them about coating issues?
- When was the last time I audited my office costs and accounted for the cost of running a paper-based operation?
- Have regulations or standards changes made my reports defunct?
- How much time do I take to adjust reports for new regulations?
Now, ask yourself if it is time you investigated how big an impact digital reporting could have on your life – on-site, in the office, and at home.
Our customers will all tell you it is. And for less than the price of a weekly coffee and cake treat, the life-changing benefits of IRIS reporting are accessible to all – no matter how big or small your operation.
To find out more, contact us today.